Customized Brass Spur Gear with Precision Machining
Our advantange, Low MOQ as less as 1 piece, 100% inspection, Short Lead time.
We manufacture various gears made according to drawing.
|Item||Customized machined machining gears|
|material||steel, stainless steel, carbon steel,brass,C360 brass copper, aluminum 7075,7068|
|Quality Control||ISO9001 and ISO14001|
|Dimension bore tolerances||-/+0.01mm|
|Quality standard||AGMA, JIS, DIN|
|Surface treatment||Blackening, plated, anodizing, hard anodizing etc|
|Material||steel, stainless steel, carbon steel,brass,C360 brass copper, aluminum Nylon, PA66, NYLON , ABS, PP,PC,PE,POM,PVC,PU,TPR,TPE,TPU,PA,PET,HDPE,PMMA etc.|
|Gear||30 to 90 H.R.C|
|Size/Color||Gears and parts dimensions are according to drawings from customer, and colors are customized|
|Surface treatment||Polished or matte surface, painting, texture, vacuum aluminizing and can be stamped with logo etc.|
|Size Tolerance||±0.01mm or more precise|
|Samples confirmation and approval||samples shipped for confirmation and shipping cost paid by customers|
|Package||Inner clear plastic bag/outside carton/wooden pallets/ or any other special package as per customer’s requirements.|
|Delivery Time||Total takes 2~~4weeks usual|
|Payment Terms||PAYPAL, T/T, Western Union|
|Shipping||Usual FEDEX, UPS, DHL, TNT, EMS or base on customer’s requirement.|
During the pass 10 years, we have supplied hundreds of customers with perfect precision machining jobs:
Workshop & machining process
Production process: Molding Cutting, Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching,Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping.
Q: Are you treading company or manufacturer?
A: We are manufacturer.
Q: How about your MOQ?
A: We provide both prototype and mass production, Our MOQ is 1 piece.
Q:How long can I get a quote after RFQ?
A:we generally quote you within 24 hours. More detail information provided will be helpful to save your time.
1) detailed engineering drawing with tolerance and other requirement.
2) the quantity you demand.
Q:How is your quality guarantee?
A:we do 100% inspection before delivery, we are looking for long term business relationship.
Q:Can I CHINAMFG NDA with you?
A:Sure, we will keep your drawing and information confidential.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cut Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How do you ensure proper alignment when connecting spur gears?
Proper alignment is crucial when connecting spur gears to ensure smooth and efficient gear operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to ensure proper alignment when connecting spur gears:
- Visual Inspection: Start by visually inspecting the gears, gear shafts, and associated components for any visible misalignment or damage. Look for signs of wear, uneven tooth engagement, or any abnormalities that may affect alignment.
- Shaft Alignment: Align the gear shafts accurately before connecting the gears. Proper shaft alignment ensures that the gears are positioned correctly relative to each other. This can be achieved through various alignment techniques, such as using alignment tools, laser alignment systems, or measuring devices. The goal is to ensure parallel or coaxial alignment between the gear shafts.
- Backlash Adjustment: Adjust the backlash between the gear teeth to achieve proper alignment. Backlash refers to the slight gap between the mating teeth of gears. It is important to maintain an appropriate amount of backlash to allow for smooth gear engagement and minimize the risk of binding or jamming. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations or industry standards for the recommended backlash range and adjust as necessary during gear installation.
- Check Gear Mesh: Verify the gear meshing pattern to ensure proper alignment. The gear teeth should mesh smoothly and evenly without any signs of excessive or uneven contact. If there are indications of improper meshing, such as concentrated contact on a specific area of the tooth, it may imply misalignment or other issues that need to be addressed.
- Shim Adjustment: If misalignment is detected, shimming can be employed to correct it. Shimming involves placing thin metal shims between the gear and the shaft to adjust the positioning and alignment. Shims are available in various thicknesses, allowing for precise alignment adjustments. Careful measurement and selection of the appropriate shim thickness can help achieve the desired alignment.
- Tightening Bolts: When connecting the gears to the shafts, ensure that the bolts or fasteners are tightened evenly and to the recommended torque specifications. Uneven tightening can introduce misalignment or uneven load distribution, leading to gear misalignment and potential issues.
- Post-Installation Verification: After connecting the gears, perform a final verification of the alignment. Rotate the gears manually or through the gear system’s intended operation and observe the gear meshing behavior. Look for any signs of abnormal noise, vibration, or irregular tooth engagement. If any issues are detected, further adjustments or inspections may be necessary.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a proactive maintenance program that includes periodic inspections and alignment verification. Gears can experience wear or misalignment over time due to factors such as load variations, temperature changes, or prolonged operation. Regular maintenance allows for early detection and correction of alignment issues, ensuring optimal gear performance and longevity.
Proper alignment is essential for maximizing the efficiency, durability, and reliability of spur gear systems. By following these alignment practices and considering the manufacturer’s recommendations, industry standards, and expert advice, you can ensure proper alignment when connecting spur gears.
It’s important to note that the specific alignment techniques and procedures may vary depending on the gear system’s design, size, application, and other factors. Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or alignment specialists can provide further guidance on the recommended alignment practices for your specific gear system.
What is the purpose of using spur gears in machinery?
In machinery, spur gears serve several important purposes due to their unique characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the purpose of using spur gears in machinery:
- Power Transmission: Spur gears are primarily used for power transmission in machinery. They transfer rotational motion and torque from one shaft to another, allowing machinery to perform various tasks. By meshing the teeth of two or more spur gears together, power can be transmitted efficiently and reliably throughout the machinery.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Spur gears enable speed reduction or increase in machinery. By combining gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed can be adjusted to match the desired output speed. For example, using a larger gear driving a smaller gear can increase the speed output while reducing the torque, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the speed while increasing the torque.
- Torque Amplification: Spur gears can amplify torque in machinery. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the torque can be adjusted to match the required output. For example, using a smaller gear driving a larger gear can increase the torque output while reducing the speed, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the torque while increasing the speed.
- Directional Control: Spur gears provide directional control in machinery. By meshing gears with opposite orientations, the rotational direction of the driven shaft can be reversed or changed. This directional control is crucial for machinery that requires bi-directional motion or needs to change the direction of operation.
- Mechanical Advantage: Spur gears offer a mechanical advantage in machinery. By utilizing gear ratios, spur gears can multiply or divide the force exerted on the input shaft. This mechanical advantage allows machinery to generate higher forces or achieve precise movements with reduced effort.
- Precision Positioning: Spur gears facilitate precise positioning in machinery. The accurate tooth engagement of spur gears ensures precise control over rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning or synchronization of components. Machinery such as CNC machines, robotics, and automation systems often rely on spur gears for accurate movement and positioning.
- Compact Design: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for machinery with space constraints. They can be arranged in-line, parallel, or at right angles, allowing for efficient power transmission in tight spaces. Their compactness enables machinery to be designed with smaller footprints and optimized layouts.
- Reliability and Durability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability in machinery. The direct tooth engagement and uniform load distribution result in efficient power transmission with reduced wear and stress concentration. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can withstand heavy loads and operate reliably over extended periods.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective in machinery applications. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings. The availability of spur gears in various sizes and materials further enhances their cost-effectiveness.
By utilizing spur gears in machinery, engineers and designers can achieve efficient power transmission, speed and torque control, directional versatility, mechanical advantage, precise positioning, compact design, reliability, durability, and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make spur gears a popular choice in a wide range of machinery applications across industries.
What are the benefits of using a spur gear mechanism?
Using a spur gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using a spur gear mechanism:
- Simplicity: Spur gear mechanisms are relatively simple in design, consisting of cylindrical gears with straight teeth. Their simplicity makes them easy to manufacture, assemble, and maintain. They have fewer components compared to other types of gear mechanisms, resulting in lower complexity and potentially reduced costs.
- Efficiency: Spur gears exhibit high efficiency in power transmission. The teeth of spur gears mesh directly, resulting in minimal energy loss during transmission. The simplicity of their tooth profile allows for efficient power transfer, making them an energy-efficient choice for many applications.
- Compactness: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. They can be arranged in-line, parallel to each other, or at right angles using additional components such as bevel gears. This flexibility in arrangement allows for efficient power transmission in tight spaces.
- Versatility: Spur gears are versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications. They are available in various sizes, configurations, and materials, allowing them to be tailored to specific needs. Spur gears can handle different torque and speed requirements, making them suitable for both low and high-speed applications.
- High-Speed Capability: Spur gears can achieve high rotational speeds due to their straightforward design and direct tooth engagement. They are capable of transmitting power efficiently at high speeds, making them suitable for applications that require rapid motion or high rotational velocities.
- Precise Positioning: Spur gears provide accurate positioning due to their precise tooth engagement. The straight teeth allow for precise control of rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning, such as robotics, machinery, and automation systems.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective compared to other gear mechanisms. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings.
- Reliability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability. The direct tooth engagement provides excellent load distribution, minimizing stress concentration and wear. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can operate reliably for extended periods, making them suitable for demanding industrial applications.
- Wide Availability: Spur gears are widely available in the market, with various sizes, materials, and configurations to choose from. This availability ensures easy sourcing and replacement of gears when needed. Additionally, spur gears have been used for many years and have a well-established design and manufacturing process, leading to a robust supply chain.
These benefits make spur gear mechanisms a popular choice in numerous industries, including automotive, machinery, robotics, aerospace, appliances, and more. Their simplicity, efficiency, compactness, versatility, and reliability contribute to their widespread use in a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-11