Cast steel Cement Kiln Spur Girth Gear
Casting & forging ability
CITICHL is the casting & forging center in central-south China, possessing 50t electric arc furnace, 60t LF ladle refining furnace, and 60t VD/VOD refining furnace, etc. We can pour 350t liquid steel 1 time and yields more than 200,000t of high quality liquid steel and can produce the high quality steel of more than 260 steel grades such as carbon steel, structural alloy steel and the structural steel, refractory steel and stainless steel of special requirement. The maximum weight of casting, gray casting, graphite cast iron and non-ferrous casting is 200t, 30t, 20t and 205t separately.
The company is the forging center in central-south China. It is very powerful in forging. The single free forging is 100t(max weight). We can roll rings of different sections of carbon steel, alloy steel, high temperature alloy and non-ferrous alloys such as copper alloy, aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. The maximum diameter is 5.5m and single piece of the forging weighs 10t. We have 8400t, 3150t, 1600t, water press and RAW 200/160-5000/750 large-size ring mill of high precision in Asia made in WAGNER, Germany.
Heat treatment ability
The company is the heat treatment base in national machinery trade in central and south China, possessing Φ3×1.6m carburizing furnace, Φ2.3×17m,Φ2.3×9.5m shaft furnace, 8.5×13m,5×15m,6×14.5m,4.5×18m automatic controlled car type heat treatment CHINAMFG group. We can supply the quenched and tempered part over 45t, the carburizedand quenched gear and pinion below 20t, shaft≤5.7m in length and the induced girth ring diameter≤5m
Our girth gears Features
Module Range: 10 Module to 70 Module.
Diameter : Min 800mm to16000 mm.
Weight : Max 120 MT single piece.
Three different designs: Fabricated steel – forged ring – rolled plate
Standards/Certificates :• CHINAMFG EN ISO • AWS • ASTM • ASME • DIN
Girth gear cutting machines
Φ16m CNC hobbing Machine
Φ12m Gear cutting machine (Switzerland)
Φ10m hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ4m CNC high speed hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ1.6m Horizontal CNC hobbing machine (Germany)
Φ5m CNC profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ2.8m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ1.25m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Φ1m CNC Profile gear grinding machine (Germany)
Specifications of Gear :
|3||Material||Cast Alloy Steel, Cast Carbon Steel, Forged Alloy Steel, Forged Carbon Steel|
|4||Structure From||Integrated, Half to Half, Four Pieces and More Pieces|
|5||Heat Treatment||Quenching & Tempering, Normalizing & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching & Tempering|
|6||Tooth Form||Annular Gear, Outer Gear Ring|
|7||Standard||ISO, EN, DIN, AISI, ASTM, JIS, IS, GB|
Inspection and Test Outline of Girth Gear:
|No.||Item||Inspection Area||Acceptance Criteria||Inspection Stage||Certificates|
|Sample||Material Requirement||When Smelting
After Heat Treatment
|Sample(Test Bar on the Gear Body)||Technical Requirement||After Heat Treatment||Mechanical Properties
|Whole Body||Manufacturing Standard||During Heat Treatment||Heat Treatment Report
Curves of Heat
|Tooth Surface, 3 Points Per 90°||Technical Requirement||After Heat Treatment||Hardness Teat Report|
|After Semi Finish
|Whole Body||Drawing||After Semi Finish
|6||Magnetic Power Test (MT)||Tooth Surface||Agreed Standard||After Finish Gear
|7||UT||Spokes Parts||Agreed Standard||After Rough Machining||UT Report|
|After Semi Finish
|8||PT||Defect Area||No Defect Indicated||After Digging
|9||Mark Inspection||Whole Body||Manufacturing Standard||Final Inspection||Pictures|
|Whole Body||CIC’s Requirement||Before Packing
|Whole Body||Agreed Anti-rust Agent||Before Packing||Pictures|
|Whole Body||Agreed Packing Form||During Packing||Pictures|
Facilities For Manufacturing Gear ring:
|1||Smelting & Casting Capability||
40t ,50t, 80t Series AC Electric Arc Furnace
2×150t, 60t LF Ladle Refining Furnace
150t, 60t Series VD/VOD Furnace
20×18m Large Pouring Facility
We can pour 900t refining liquid steel one time, and achieve vacuum poured 600t steel ingots.
We can produce the high quality steel of more than 260 steel grades as carbon steel,structural alloy steel and the structural steel, refractory steel and stainless steel of special requirement. The maximum weight of casting steel, gray casting, graphite cast iron and non-ferrous casting is 600t, 200t, 150t and 20t separately.
The only one in the word, the most technologically advanced and the largest specification18500t Oil Press, equipped with 750t.m forging operation machine
8400t Water Press
3150t Water Press
1600t Water Press
Φ5m High Precision Ring Mill ( WAGNER,Germany)
Φ12m High Precision Ring Mill
We can roll rings of different sections of carbon steel, alloy steel, high temperature alloy steel and non-ferrous alloys such as copper alloy, aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. Max. Diameter of rolled ring will be 12m.
|3||Heat Treatment Capability||9×9×15m,8×8×12m,6×6×15m,15×16×6.5m,16×20×6m ,7×7×17m Series Heat Furnace and Heat Treatment Furnaces
φ2.0×30m,φ3.0×5.0m Series Heat Treatment Furnaces
φ5.0×2.5m,φ3.2×1.5m,φ3.0×5.0m,φ2.0×5m Series Carburizing Furnaces & Nitriding Furnaces & Quenching Bathes
φ2.0×30m Well Type CNC Electrical Furnaces
Φ3.0×5.0M Horizontal Gas Temperature-differential Furnace
Double-frequency and Double-position Quenching Lathe of Pinion Shaft
|4||Machining Capability||1. ≥5m CNC Heavy Duty Vertical Lathes
12m CNC Double-column Vertical Lathe
10m CNC Double-column Vertical Lathe
10m CNC Single-column Vertical Lathe
6.3m Heavy Duty Vertical Lathe
5m CNC Heavy Duty Vertical Lathe
|2. ≥5m Vertical Gear Hobbing Machines
15m CNC Vertical Gear Hobbing Machine
10m Gear Hobbing Machine
8m Gear Hobbing Machine
5m Gear Hobbing Machine
3m Gear Hobbing Machining
|3. Imported High-precision Gear Grinding Machines
0.8m~3.5m CNC Molding Gear Grinding Machines
|4. Large Boring & Milling Machines
220 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
200 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
160 CNC Floor-mounted Boring & Milling Machine
Q: How about the quality of your products?
A: Our machines are manufactured strictly according to national and international standards, and we take a test on each equipment before delivery.
Q: How about the price?
A: We are manufactory, and we can give you lower price than those trade companies. Besides, customers from Made in China can get a discount.
Q: Do you provide after-sale service?
A: Yes. The warranty period of our machines is 1 year, and we have a professional after-sale team to promptly and thoroughly solve your problems.
Q: Do you provide equipment operation training?
A: Yes. We can send professional engineers to the working site for equipment installation, adjustment, and operation training. All of our engineers have passports.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How do you address noise and vibration issues in a spur gear system?
Noise and vibration issues in a spur gear system can significantly impact its performance, efficiency, and overall user experience. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to address noise and vibration issues in a spur gear system:
- Gear Design: Optimize the gear design to minimize noise and vibration. Consider factors such as tooth profile, gear module or pitch, and the number of teeth to ensure smooth and quiet gear operation. Proper gear design helps reduce gear meshing impacts and tooth-to-tooth variations, which are common sources of noise and vibration.
- Accurate Gear Alignment: Ensure precise gear alignment to minimize misalignment-induced noise and vibration. Misalignment between the gears can cause uneven loading, increased backlash, and gear meshing irregularities, leading to noise and vibration. Proper alignment techniques, such as using alignment tools or measuring devices, should be employed during gear installation and maintenance.
- Surface Finish and Tooth Quality: Ensure proper surface finish and high-quality tooth profiles on the gears. Rough surfaces or manufacturing defects can contribute to noise and vibration. Gears with accurate tooth profiles and smooth finishes experience better meshing and reduced friction, resulting in lower noise and vibration levels.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for reducing friction, wear, and noise generation in spur gear systems. Use the recommended lubricant type and ensure sufficient lubricant film thickness between gear teeth. Regular lubricant analysis and replacement are important to maintain optimal lubrication performance and minimize noise and vibration issues.
- Load Distribution: Evaluate the load distribution within the gear system to minimize localized loading and potential noise sources. Proper gear design, tooth profile optimization, and gear arrangement can help distribute the load evenly, reducing noise and vibration caused by uneven loading conditions.
- Resonance Analysis and Damping: Conduct resonance analysis to identify and address potential resonant frequencies within the gear system. Resonance can amplify noise and vibration. Techniques such as adding damping materials, using vibration isolators, or adjusting gear configurations can help mitigate resonance-related noise and vibration issues.
- Noise and Vibration Testing: Perform noise and vibration testing during the development and maintenance stages of the gear system. This involves using specialized equipment to measure and analyze noise and vibration levels. Testing helps identify specific sources of noise and vibration, allowing for targeted solutions and improvements.
- Isolation and Absorption: Implement isolation and absorption techniques to minimize noise and vibration transmission to surrounding structures or components. This can include using vibration isolators, resilient mounts, or incorporating vibration-absorbing materials to reduce the propagation of noise and vibration beyond the gear system.
- Regular Maintenance and Inspection: Implement a proactive maintenance program to monitor gear performance and identify potential noise and vibration issues. Regular inspections, including gear tooth wear analysis, lubricant checks, and alignment verification, allow for early detection and rectification of any problems that may contribute to noise and vibration.
By considering these approaches and implementing appropriate measures, it is possible to address noise and vibration issues in a spur gear system, resulting in quieter and smoother gear operation.
It’s important to note that the specific techniques and solutions for addressing noise and vibration may vary depending on the gear system’s application, design, and operating conditions. Consulting with gear manufacturers, industry experts, or vibration specialists can provide further guidance in addressing noise and vibration issues specific to a spur gear system.
How do you install a spur gear system?
Installing a spur gear system involves several steps to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to install a spur gear system:
- Preparation: Before installation, gather all the necessary components, including the spur gears, shafts, bearings, and any additional mounting hardware. Ensure that the gear system components are clean and free from debris or damage.
- Shaft Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is crucial for the smooth operation of a spur gear system. Ensure that the shafts on which the gears will be mounted are aligned accurately and parallel to each other. This can be achieved using alignment tools such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems. Adjust the shaft positions as needed to achieve the desired alignment.
- Positioning the Gears: Place the spur gears on the respective shafts in the desired configuration. Ensure that the gears are positioned securely and centered on the shafts. For shafts with keyways, align the gears with the key and ensure a proper fit. Use any necessary mounting hardware, such as set screws or retaining rings, to secure the gears in place.
- Checking Gear Engagement: Verify that the teeth of the gears mesh properly with each other. The gear teeth should align accurately and smoothly without any excessive gaps or interference. Rotate the gears by hand to ensure smooth and consistent meshing throughout their rotation. If any misalignment or interference is observed, adjust the gear positions or shaft alignment accordingly.
- Bearing Installation: If the spur gear system requires bearings to support the shafts, install the bearings onto the shafts. Ensure that the bearings are the correct size and type for the application. Press or slide the bearings onto the shafts until they are seated securely against any shoulder or bearing housing. Use appropriate methods and tools to prevent damage to the bearings during installation.
- Lubrication: Apply a suitable lubricant to the gear teeth and bearings to ensure smooth operation and reduce friction. Refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for the appropriate lubrication type and amount. Proper lubrication helps minimize wear, noise, and heat generation in the gear system.
- Final Inspection: Once the gears, shafts, and bearings are installed, perform a final inspection of the entire spur gear system. Check for any unusual noises, misalignment, or binding during manual rotation. Verify that the gears are securely mounted, shafts are properly aligned, and all fasteners are tightened to the specified torque values.
It’s important to follow the specific installation instructions provided by the gear manufacturer to ensure proper installation and operation. Additionally, consult any applicable industry standards and guidelines for gear system installation.
By carefully following these installation steps, you can ensure a well-aligned and properly functioning spur gear system in your machinery or equipment.
What are the applications of spur gears?
Spur gears find a wide range of applications in various mechanical systems due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. These gears are commonly used in numerous industries and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: Spur gears are extensively used in automobiles for power transmission applications. They are employed in gearboxes, differentials, and transmission systems to transfer torque and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely utilized in machinery and manufacturing equipment. They play a crucial role in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and various other industrial applications.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are employed in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They help convert the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity by transmitting power from the rotor to the generator.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears are commonly used in robotics and automation systems. They are utilized in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Spur gears are found in various aerospace and aviation applications. They are used in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, and auxiliary power units (APUs) to transmit power and control movement.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears have applications in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They are used in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are found in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They help transmit power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, enabling efficient operation.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are an essential component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands.
These are just a few examples of the broad range of applications where spur gears are utilized. Their simplicity, reliability, and ability to transmit power and motion efficiently make them a popular choice in various industries and equipment.
editor by CX 2023-10-12