Professional Customized Precision Grinding Drive Cylindrical Pinion Spur Gear
1. Produce strictly in accordance with ANSI or DIN standard dimension
2. Material: SCM 415 steel
3. Bore: Finished bore
4. Precision grade: DIN 5 to DIN 7
5. Surface treatment: Carburizing and Quenching
6. Module: From 1 to 4
7. Tooth: From Z15 to Z70
|Product name||Spur Gear & Helical Gear & Gear Shaft|
|Customized service||OEM, drawings or samples customize|
|Materials Available||Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, S45C, SCM415, 20CrMoTi, 40Cr, Brass, SUS303/304, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……|
|Surface Treatment||Conditioning, Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,High frequency quenching, Tempering, Blackening, QPQ, Cr-plating, Zn-plating, Ni-plating, Electroplate, Passivation, Picking, Plolishing, Lon-plating, Chemical vapor deposition(CVD), Physical vapour deposition(PVD)…|
|BORE||Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request|
|Processing Method||Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc|
|Pressure Angle||20 Degree|
|Size||Customer Drawings & ISO standard|
|Package||Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order|
|Machining Process||Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping|
|Applications||Printing Equipment Industry, Laser Equipment Industry, Automated Assemblyline Industry, Woodening Industry, Packaging Equipment Industry, Logistics storage Machinery Industry, Robot Industry, Machine Tool Equipment Industry|
Packaging & Shipping
1. Lead time: 7-10 working days as usual, 20 working days in busy season, it will be based on the detailed order quantity;
2. Delivery: DHL/ UPS/ FEDEX/ EMS/ TNT
|Main Markets?||North America, South America, Eastern Europe , West Europe , North Europe, South Europe, Asia|
|How to order?||* You send us drawing or sample|
|* We carry through project assessment|
|* We give you our design for your confirmation|
|* We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design|
|* You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us 30% deposit|
|* We start producing|
|* When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.|
|* Trade is done, thank you!!|
If you are interested in our products, please tell us which materials, type, width, length u want.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Machinery Parts|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Rolling Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Double Helical Gear|
Can spur gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, spur gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the simplest and most commonly used types of gears. They consist of cylindrical teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and mesh with each other to transmit power and motion. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are often preferred in certain automotive applications, spur gears still find their place in various automotive systems and components.
Spur gears are commonly found in manual transmissions, especially in lower gears. They are used to achieve a direct and efficient power transfer between the engine and the wheels. Spur gears in transmissions are designed to handle high torque loads and provide reliable performance.
In automotive differentials, which distribute power between the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds, spur gears are often employed. They are used in the differential gear train to transfer torque from the driveshaft to the wheels. The simplicity and robustness of spur gears make them suitable for this application.
3. Starter Motors:
Spur gears are commonly used in starter motors to crank the engine when starting a vehicle. They provide high torque and efficient power transmission to rotate the engine’s crankshaft and initiate the combustion process. Starter motor spur gears are designed to handle the initial load and engage smoothly with the engine’s flywheel.
4. Timing Systems:
In automotive timing systems, where precise synchronization of engine components is crucial, spur gears can be used. They are employed in timing belts or chains to drive the camshafts, ensuring proper valve timing and engine performance. Spur gears in timing systems contribute to accurate and reliable engine operation.
5. Accessories and Auxiliary Components:
Spur gears are also utilized in various automotive accessories and auxiliary components. They can be found in power window mechanisms, windshield wipers, power steering systems, and other mechanisms that require controlled and synchronized motion. Spur gears provide cost-effective and efficient power transmission for these applications.
It’s important to note that while spur gears have their advantages, they also have certain limitations. They can generate more noise and vibration compared to gears with helical or bevel tooth profiles. Additionally, spur gears are not as suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications as other gear types.
Overall, spur gears have a significant presence in automotive applications, particularly in manual transmissions, differentials, starter motors, timing systems, and various auxiliary components. Their simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness make them a viable choice for specific automotive gear applications.
Are spur gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Spur gears are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including those involving high-torque requirements. However, their suitability for high-torque applications depends on various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are designed to transmit power and torque between parallel shafts. They have straight teeth that engage fully, providing efficient power transfer. The suitability of spur gears for high-torque applications can be evaluated based on the following considerations:
- Load Distribution: Spur gears distribute the transmitted load over a larger contact area compared to other gear types. This characteristic allows them to handle higher torque loads effectively.
- Size and Diameter: The size and diameter of the spur gears play a crucial role in their ability to handle high torque. Larger gear diameters provide increased torque capacity due to the longer lever arm and larger contact area between the gear teeth.
- Material Selection: Choosing the appropriate material for the spur gears is essential for high-torque applications. Strong and durable materials, such as hardened steel or alloy steels, are commonly used to ensure the gears can withstand the high stresses and torque loads without deformation or failure.
- Gear Design: Proper gear design considerations, such as tooth profile, module or pitch, and the number of teeth, can impact the torque-carrying capacity of spur gears. Design parameters should be optimized to ensure sufficient tooth strength and minimize the risk of tooth breakage or excessive wear.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Adequate lubrication is critical for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in high-torque spur gear applications. Regular maintenance, including lubricant replacement and gear inspections, can help identify and address any issues that may affect the gear’s torque-handling capabilities.
- Supporting Components: The overall system design, including the selection of bearings, shafts, and housing, should be considered to ensure proper support and alignment of the spur gears. Well-designed supporting components contribute to the overall torque capacity of the system.
While spur gears can handle high torque, it’s important to note that there are limitations to their torque capacity. Factors such as gear size, material strength, tooth design, and operating conditions can affect the maximum torque the gears can safely transmit without failure.
In some cases, other gear types such as helical gears or bevel gears may be more suitable for specific high-torque applications. These gears offer advantages such as increased load-carrying capacity, improved torque transfer efficiency, and reduced noise and vibration levels.
Ultimately, the suitability of spur gears for high-torque applications should be evaluated based on the specific requirements, operating conditions, and industry standards applicable to the particular application.
What are the applications of spur gears?
Spur gears find a wide range of applications in various mechanical systems due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. These gears are commonly used in numerous industries and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: Spur gears are extensively used in automobiles for power transmission applications. They are employed in gearboxes, differentials, and transmission systems to transfer torque and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely utilized in machinery and manufacturing equipment. They play a crucial role in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and various other industrial applications.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are employed in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They help convert the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity by transmitting power from the rotor to the generator.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears are commonly used in robotics and automation systems. They are utilized in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Spur gears are found in various aerospace and aviation applications. They are used in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, and auxiliary power units (APUs) to transmit power and control movement.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears have applications in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They are used in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are found in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They help transmit power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, enabling efficient operation.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are an essential component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands.
These are just a few examples of the broad range of applications where spur gears are utilized. Their simplicity, reliability, and ability to transmit power and motion efficiently make them a popular choice in various industries and equipment.
editor by CX 2023-09-28