Customized Brass Spur Gear with Precision Machining
Our advantange, Low MOQ as less as 1 piece, 100% inspection, Short Lead time.
We manufacture various gears made according to drawing.
|Item||Customized machined machining gears|
|material||steel, stainless steel, carbon steel,brass,C360 brass copper, aluminum 7075,7068|
|Quality Control||ISO9001 and ISO14001|
|Dimension bore tolerances||-/+0.01mm|
|Quality standard||AGMA, JIS, DIN|
|Surface treatment||Blackening, plated, anodizing, hard anodizing etc|
|Material||steel, stainless steel, carbon steel,brass,C360 brass copper, aluminum Nylon, PA66, NYLON , ABS, PP,PC,PE,POM,PVC,PU,TPR,TPE,TPU,PA,PET,HDPE,PMMA etc.|
|Gear||30 to 90 H.R.C|
|Size/Color||Gears and parts dimensions are according to drawings from customer, and colors are customized|
|Surface treatment||Polished or matte surface, painting, texture, vacuum aluminizing and can be stamped with logo etc.|
|Size Tolerance||±0.01mm or more precise|
|Samples confirmation and approval||samples shipped for confirmation and shipping cost paid by customers|
|Package||Inner clear plastic bag/outside carton/wooden pallets/ or any other special package as per customer’s requirements.|
|Delivery Time||Total takes 2~~4weeks usual|
|Payment Terms||PAYPAL, T/T, Western Union|
|Shipping||Usual FEDEX, UPS, DHL, TNT, EMS or base on customer’s requirement.|
During the pass 10 years, we have supplied hundreds of customers with perfect precision machining jobs:
Workshop & machining process
Production process: Molding Cutting, Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching,Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping.
Q: Are you treading company or manufacturer?
A: We are manufacturer.
Q: How about your MOQ?
A: We provide both prototype and mass production, Our MOQ is 1 piece.
Q:How long can I get a quote after RFQ?
A:we generally quote you within 24 hours. More detail information provided will be helpful to save your time.
1) detailed engineering drawing with tolerance and other requirement.
2) the quantity you demand.
Q:How is your quality guarantee?
A:we do 100% inspection before delivery, we are looking for long term business relationship.
Q:Can I CHINAMFG NDA with you?
A:Sure, we will keep your drawing and information confidential.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cut Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
Can spur gears be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment?
Yes, spur gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are versatile and commonly used in a wide range of applications, including heavy-duty machinery and equipment. They are known for their simplicity, efficiency, and ability to transmit high loads and torque. Spur gears have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis, allowing for effective power transmission between parallel shafts.
Advantages of Spur Gears in Heavy-Duty Applications:
Spur gears offer several advantages that make them suitable for heavy-duty machinery and equipment:
- High Load Capacity: Spur gears are capable of handling high loads due to their robust tooth design and larger contact area compared to other gear types. They distribute the load evenly across the gear teeth, minimizing stress concentration and ensuring reliable operation in heavy-duty applications.
- Efficient Power Transmission: Spur gears have high gear meshing efficiency, typically above 95%. This means that a large percentage of the input power is effectively transmitted to the output, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery where power transfer is critical.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Ratios: Spur gears are available in a wide range of sizes, tooth counts, and gear ratios. This versatility allows for customization and adaptation to the specific requirements of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
- Cost-Effective: Spur gears are relatively simple in design and easier to manufacture compared to some other gear types. This simplicity often translates into cost-effectiveness, making them an attractive choice for heavy-duty applications where cost considerations are important.
- Easy Maintenance: Spur gears are generally easier to maintain compared to gears with complex tooth profiles or specialized designs. Routine maintenance tasks such as lubrication, inspection, and replacement of worn gears can be carried out more straightforwardly, minimizing downtime and maintenance costs.
Considerations for Heavy-Duty Applications:
While spur gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment, certain considerations should be taken into account:
- Load Distribution: Proper load distribution is critical to ensure the longevity and reliability of spur gears in heavy-duty applications. It is important to design the gear system in a way that distributes the loads evenly across the gear teeth, minimizing the risk of tooth breakage or premature wear.
- Material Selection: The selection of gear materials is crucial in heavy-duty applications. The gear material should have the necessary strength, hardness, and fatigue resistance to withstand the anticipated loads and operating conditions. Common materials used for heavy-duty spur gears include alloy steels, case-hardened steels, and specialized gear materials such as carburized or nitrided steels.
- Lubrication and Cooling: Adequate lubrication is essential to minimize friction, wear, and heat generation in heavy-duty spur gears. Proper lubrication techniques and the use of high-quality lubricants can significantly extend the gear’s service life. In some cases, additional cooling measures such as circulating oil systems or forced-air cooling may be necessary to manage heat buildup in heavy-duty applications.
- Mechanical Considerations: The overall mechanical design of the heavy-duty machinery should account for gear alignment, shaft deflection, and other factors that can affect gear performance. Robust support structures, accurate alignment, and consideration of potential misalignments due to operational conditions should be taken into account during the design phase.
By addressing these considerations and implementing proper design, material selection, lubrication, and maintenance practices, spur gears can effectively withstand the demands of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
It’s important to note that the specific application requirements, operating conditions, and load characteristics may vary. Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or industry experts can provide further guidance on the suitability and design considerations when using spur gears in heavy-duty applications.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using spur gears?
Spur gears offer several advantages and disadvantages when used in mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using spur gears:
Advantages of Spur Gears:
- Simplicity: Spur gears have a simple and straightforward design, consisting of cylindrical gears with straight teeth. Their simplicity facilitates ease of manufacturing, installation, and maintenance.
- Efficiency: Spur gears are highly efficient in transmitting power from one shaft to another. They have minimal sliding friction between the gear teeth, resulting in high mechanical efficiency.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Due to their simple design and ease of production, spur gears are generally more cost-effective compared to other types of gears. They are widely available and can be manufactured in large quantities at a reasonable cost.
- Compactness: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. They can be arranged in parallel or stacked configurations to achieve the desired gear ratios within a confined space.
- High Load Capacity: Spur gears can handle high load capacities and transmit substantial amounts of torque. Their teeth are designed to distribute the load evenly across the gear face, resulting in improved load-bearing capabilities.
- Precision: Spur gears provide precise and predictable motion due to the simplicity of their tooth engagement. This makes them suitable for applications that require accurate positioning and synchronization.
Disadvantages of Spur Gears:
- Noisy Operation: Spur gears can produce noise during operation, especially at high speeds. The engagement of the gear teeth generates impact and vibration, resulting in noise that may require additional measures to mitigate.
- Axial Thrust: Spur gears generate axial thrust forces along the gear shafts due to the parallel arrangement of their teeth. This thrust must be properly managed using thrust bearings or other means to prevent excessive axial loading on the gear shafts.
- Limited Speed Ratio: Spur gears are primarily designed for applications with moderate speed ratios. They are less suitable for high-speed applications due to the limitations imposed by the tooth engagement and potential for increased noise and vibration.
- Unidirectional Operation: Spur gears are typically designed for unidirectional power transmission. Reversing the direction of rotation can cause noise, impact, and increased wear due to the abrupt change in tooth engagement.
- Prone to Wear: The sliding contact between the gear teeth in spur gears can result in wear over time, especially under heavy loads or inadequate lubrication. Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are necessary to minimize wear and extend gear life.
It’s important to consider these advantages and disadvantages when selecting gear types for specific applications. While spur gears are well-suited for many applications, other gear types, such as helical gears or bevel gears, may be more suitable in certain situations depending on the requirements and operating conditions.
How do spur gears contribute to power transmission?
Spur gears play a crucial role in power transmission due to their specific design and tooth engagement. Here’s a detailed explanation of how spur gears contribute to power transmission:
- Direct Tooth Engagement: Spur gears have straight teeth that mesh directly with each other. This direct tooth engagement ensures efficient transfer of power from one gear to another. As the driving gear rotates, its teeth come into contact with the teeth of the driven gear, enabling the transfer of rotational motion and torque.
- Uniform Load Distribution: The teeth of spur gears distribute the transmitted load evenly across the gear surfaces. The straight, parallel teeth provide a larger contact area compared to other gear types, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and reduced stress concentration. This uniform load distribution helps prevent premature wear and failure of the gears, ensuring reliable power transmission.
- Efficiency: Spur gears are known for their high efficiency in power transmission. The direct tooth engagement and parallel shaft arrangement minimize energy losses during rotation. The teeth mesh smoothly, resulting in minimal friction and reduced power dissipation. This efficiency is beneficial in applications where maximizing power transfer and minimizing energy waste are crucial.
- Speed and Torque Conversion: Spur gears allow for speed and torque conversion between the driving and driven shafts. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed and torque can be adjusted to match the requirements of the application. For example, a small gear driving a larger gear will result in a higher torque output at a lower speed, while a larger gear driving a smaller gear will result in a higher speed output at a lower torque.
- Directional Control: The arrangement of spur gears can be used to control the rotational direction of the driven shaft relative to the driving shaft. By meshing gears with opposite orientations (e.g., one gear with clockwise teeth and another gear with counterclockwise teeth), the direction of rotation can be reversed. This directional control is essential in applications where the desired motion needs to be reversed or changed.
- Multiple Gear Configurations: Spur gears can be combined in various configurations to form gear trains, allowing for complex power transmission systems. Gear trains consist of multiple gears meshing together, with each gear contributing to the overall power transmission. Gear trains can alter speed, torque, and direction, providing flexibility in adapting power transmission to specific requirements.
- Compatibility with Other Components: Spur gears are compatible with a wide range of other mechanical components, such as shafts, bearings, and housings. This compatibility allows for easy integration into different systems and machinery. Spur gears can be mounted on shafts using keyways, set screws, or other mounting methods, ensuring secure and reliable power transmission.
Overall, spur gears are essential in power transmission systems due to their direct tooth engagement, uniform load distribution, high efficiency, speed and torque conversion capabilities, directional control, compatibility with other components, and the ability to form complex gear trains. These characteristics make spur gears a versatile and widely used choice for transmitting power in various applications across industries.
editor by CX 2023-10-10