|Product name:||OEM Precision Harden High Strength Tool Steel Spur Gear|
Hot Product 2571
|Core Components:||Steel Spur Gear|
|Material:||Tool Steel or OEM|
|Delivery Time:||20-25 Days|
HangZhou Dakunlun Hardware & Plastic Products Co.,Ltd. is a company engaged in Custom Products covering Custom CNC,Plastic Injection,Powder Metallurgy Parts ect. Hot Selling products include Gears,CNC Milling Parts Model Train Wheelsets Shaft,Bushing,Spacer and Brass Turning Parts ect.
Dakunlun was established in May 2006, cooperated with many enterprises at home and abroad (such as Fenda ,LG, Philips Dji and Nissan) to establish a long term friendly business relationship.Our inception is to absorb a variety of talents, improve product quality and staff quality Strict quality guarantee system and perfect management system, high-quality products after-
sales service is our foothold. Our company of “quality first, reputation first” principle, provide customers with quality and quantity of various types of products. Always uphold the “quality, integrity and pragmatic, motivated, service-oriented” business philosophy, and apply to the company’s management and operating. In face of fierce competition, our company’s system is constantly being improved, relying on science and technology, continuously improve the technology content of products sold, for society, customers and companies to create a higher market value. Dakunlun has been in good faith to create enterprises and has won a good reputation, also won the respect of our domestic counterparts.
Recent years our company has reached annual sales of as much as ¥30,000,000, Dakunlun will expand the scale of operation and steady development of corporate economic, sincerely seek partners, good faith cooperation and common developmen
Work Shop Facility
Packaging & Shipping
1. Are you trading company or manufacturer?
We are a factory has 23 years.
2. How can i get a quotation?
Please send us information for quote: drawing,material,quantity or other requirement.We can accpet PDF,DWG,STEP file formate.If you don’t have the drawing,please send the sample to us,we can quote base on your sample too.
3. What’s your MOQ?
Depends on your specific items.
4. Do you provide samples?Is it free or extra.
Yes,but it’s not free.
5. What about the lead time for mass production?
Honestly,it depends on the order quantity.Normally,15 days to 20 days after your deposit if no tooling needed.
6. What if the part is not good?
We can guarantee good quantity.But if happened,please contact us immediately,take some pictures,we will check on the problem,and solve it asap.
7. How to deliver the good?
We deliver the products by courier company.
8. Can we get some samples before mass production?
9. Will my drawings be safe after sending them to you?
Yes,we will keep them well and won’t release them to the third party without your permission.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Rolling Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Gear|
|Material:||Tool Steel or OEM|
What are the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing spur gears?
Designing and manufacturing spur gears involve several challenges that need to be addressed to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Here’s a detailed explanation of the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing spur gears:
- Gear Tooth Design: Designing the gear tooth profile is a critical aspect of gear design. Achieving the desired tooth shape, pressure angle, and tooth thickness distribution while considering factors such as load capacity, durability, and noise generation can be challenging. Iterative design processes, computer-aided design (CAD) software, and gear design expertise are often employed to overcome these challenges.
- Material Selection: Choosing the appropriate material for gear manufacturing is crucial. Gears need to withstand high loads, transmit power efficiently, and exhibit excellent wear resistance. Selecting materials with suitable hardness, strength, and fatigue resistance can be challenging, especially when considering factors such as cost, availability, and compatibility with other components in the gear system.
- Manufacturing Processes: The manufacturing processes for producing spur gears, such as hobbing, shaping, or broaching, can present challenges. Achieving precise gear tooth profiles, accurate dimensions, and proper surface finish requires advanced machining techniques, specialized equipment, and skilled operators. Maintaining tight tolerances and ensuring consistent quality during mass production can also be demanding.
- Tooth Surface Finish: The surface finish of gear teeth plays a crucial role in gear performance. Achieving a smooth and precise tooth surface finish is challenging due to factors such as tool wear, heat generation during manufacturing, and the complexity of the gear tooth profile. Surface finishing processes, such as grinding or honing, may be required to achieve the desired surface quality.
- Noise and Vibration: Gears can generate noise and vibration during operation, which can affect the overall performance and user experience. Designing gears to minimize noise and vibration requires careful consideration of factors such as tooth profile optimization, load distribution, gear meshing characteristics, and proper lubrication. Conducting noise and vibration analysis and implementing appropriate design modifications may be necessary to address these challenges.
- Backlash Control: Controlling backlash, the slight gap between mating gear teeth, can be challenging. Backlash affects gear accuracy, smoothness of operation, and the ability to transmit torque efficiently. Balancing the need for adequate backlash to accommodate thermal expansion and minimize gear engagement issues while ensuring precise control of backlash can be a complex task in gear design and manufacturing.
- Heat Treatment: Heat treatment processes, such as carburizing or quenching, are often employed to enhance the hardness and strength of gear teeth. Proper heat treatment is crucial to achieve the desired material properties and gear performance. However, challenges such as distortion, residual stresses, and material property variations can arise during heat treatment, requiring careful process control, post-heat treatment machining, or additional treatments to mitigate these challenges.
- Quality Control: Ensuring consistent quality and reliability of spur gears is a challenge in manufacturing. Implementing effective quality control measures, such as dimensional inspections, hardness testing, and gear tooth profile analysis, is essential. Statistical process control (SPC) techniques and quality assurance systems help monitor manufacturing processes, identify potential issues, and maintain consistent gear quality.
- Cost and Time Constraints: Designing and manufacturing spur gears that meet performance requirements within cost and time constraints can be challenging. Balancing factors such as material costs, tooling expenses, production lead times, and market competitiveness requires careful consideration and optimization. Efficient production planning, cost analysis, and value engineering techniques are often employed to address these challenges.
By recognizing these challenges and employing appropriate design methodologies, manufacturing techniques, and quality control measures, it is possible to overcome the potential challenges associated with designing and manufacturing spur gears.
It’s important to note that the specific challenges may vary depending on the gear application, size, complexity, and operating conditions. Collaboration with gear design experts, manufacturing engineers, and industry specialists can provide valuable insights and guidance in addressing the challenges specific to your spur gear design and manufacturing processes.
How do you install a spur gear system?
Installing a spur gear system involves several steps to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to install a spur gear system:
- Preparation: Before installation, gather all the necessary components, including the spur gears, shafts, bearings, and any additional mounting hardware. Ensure that the gear system components are clean and free from debris or damage.
- Shaft Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is crucial for the smooth operation of a spur gear system. Ensure that the shafts on which the gears will be mounted are aligned accurately and parallel to each other. This can be achieved using alignment tools such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems. Adjust the shaft positions as needed to achieve the desired alignment.
- Positioning the Gears: Place the spur gears on the respective shafts in the desired configuration. Ensure that the gears are positioned securely and centered on the shafts. For shafts with keyways, align the gears with the key and ensure a proper fit. Use any necessary mounting hardware, such as set screws or retaining rings, to secure the gears in place.
- Checking Gear Engagement: Verify that the teeth of the gears mesh properly with each other. The gear teeth should align accurately and smoothly without any excessive gaps or interference. Rotate the gears by hand to ensure smooth and consistent meshing throughout their rotation. If any misalignment or interference is observed, adjust the gear positions or shaft alignment accordingly.
- Bearing Installation: If the spur gear system requires bearings to support the shafts, install the bearings onto the shafts. Ensure that the bearings are the correct size and type for the application. Press or slide the bearings onto the shafts until they are seated securely against any shoulder or bearing housing. Use appropriate methods and tools to prevent damage to the bearings during installation.
- Lubrication: Apply a suitable lubricant to the gear teeth and bearings to ensure smooth operation and reduce friction. Refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for the appropriate lubrication type and amount. Proper lubrication helps minimize wear, noise, and heat generation in the gear system.
- Final Inspection: Once the gears, shafts, and bearings are installed, perform a final inspection of the entire spur gear system. Check for any unusual noises, misalignment, or binding during manual rotation. Verify that the gears are securely mounted, shafts are properly aligned, and all fasteners are tightened to the specified torque values.
It’s important to follow the specific installation instructions provided by the gear manufacturer to ensure proper installation and operation. Additionally, consult any applicable industry standards and guidelines for gear system installation.
By carefully following these installation steps, you can ensure a well-aligned and properly functioning spur gear system in your machinery or equipment.
Are there different sizes and configurations of spur gears available?
Yes, there are various sizes and configurations of spur gears available to suit different applications and requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of the different options when it comes to sizes and configurations of spur gears:
Sizes: Spur gears come in a wide range of sizes to accommodate different torque and speed requirements. The size of a spur gear is typically specified by its pitch diameter, which is the diameter of the pitch circle. The pitch diameter determines the gear’s overall size and the spacing between the teeth. Spur gears can range from small gears used in precision instruments to large gears used in heavy machinery and industrial equipment.
Module: Module is a parameter used to specify the size and spacing of the teeth on a spur gear. It represents the ratio of the pitch diameter to the number of teeth. Different module sizes are available to accommodate various gear sizes and applications. Smaller module sizes are used for finer tooth profiles and higher precision, while larger module sizes are used for heavier loads and higher torque applications.
Number of Teeth: The number of teeth on a spur gear can vary depending on the specific application. Gears with a higher number of teeth provide smoother operation and distribute the load more evenly, whereas gears with fewer teeth are typically used for higher speeds and compact designs.
Pressure Angle: The pressure angle is an important parameter that determines the shape and engagement of the teeth. Common pressure angles for spur gears are 20 degrees and 14.5 degrees. The selection of the pressure angle depends on factors such as load capacity, efficiency, and specific design requirements.
Profile Shift: Profile shift is a design feature that allows modification of the tooth profile to optimize the gear’s performance. It involves shifting the tooth profile along the gear’s axis, which can affect factors such as backlash, contact ratio, and load distribution. Profile shift can be positive (when the tooth profile is shifted towards the center of the gear) or negative (when the tooth profile is shifted away from the center).
Hub Configuration: The hub refers to the central part of the gear where it is mounted onto a shaft. Spur gears can have different hub configurations depending on the specific application. Some gears have a simple cylindrical hub, while others may have keyways, set screws, or other features to ensure secure and precise mounting.
Material and Coatings: Spur gears are available in various materials to suit different operating conditions and requirements. Common materials include steel, cast iron, brass, and plastic. Additionally, gears can be coated or treated with surface treatments such as heat treatment or coatings to enhance their wear resistance, durability, and performance.
Mounting Orientation: Spur gears can be mounted in different orientations depending on the application and space constraints. They can be mounted parallel to each other on parallel shafts, or they can be mounted at right angles using additional components such as bevel gears or shafts with appropriate bearings.
In summary, there is a wide range of sizes and configurations available for spur gears, including different pitch diameters, module sizes, number of teeth, pressure angles, profile shifts, hub configurations, materials, coatings, and mounting orientations. The selection of the appropriate size and configuration depends on factors such as torque requirements, speed, load capacity, space constraints, and specific application needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-04