Two types of investment cast processes: Silica Sol process and the water glass process.
The Silica Sol process is used to cast complex high quality parts with requirements of a very good surface finish and close dimensional tolerances. This process can range from a weight of just a few ounces to approximately 80 pounds. If you are concerned with precision in very small parts, we are especially proficient at very fine detail work including teeth and serrations.
The water glass process is typical of the process in the early stages of investment castings. It generally is capable of much larger castings than the Silica Sol process, but does not have as good of surface finish or tolerances. The water glass process provides parts that have better surface finish and dimensional tolerances than sand castings. This process may range in weight from several ounces to approximately 200 pounds.
We have the capacity to provide OEM, ODM service. We can provide casting, machining, heat treatment, surface treatment service according to your drawings, ideas or samples.
|1. 20 years of manufacturing success in China and exporting experience worldwide
|2.Global specialized producer of machined castings.
|3. We combine our own resources with some other well-developed factories to fulfill a wide range of contract manufacturing capabilities. Working with one source, saves time and money.
|4. Satisfied supplier of 7 big companies from North America and Europe.
|5. Low cost mold materials and focus on efficiency offer a cost effective solution to your metal component purchasing requirements.
|6. Normal lead times range from 1 to 6 weeks for fully-machined components.
|7. Strong capacity to help customers develop new projects.
|8. Our sales department is 24 hours available in order to help our customers solve problems quickly.
1. Can we get the samples?
Yes, we can supply you the samples for checking our quality within 10-30 days.
2. Can we place a trial order first time?
Yes, we are glad to supply you small trial order, and hope your quantity will be big in future.
3. Can you help us to do the customs clearance of import?
Yes, we can help you to do the customs clearance.
4. What is your lead-time?
With our design, fabrication and manufacturing skills and experience, we can efficiently exceed your expectations and meet the time frame required. However, we guarantee that quality and service are never compromised.
|Thermal Gravity Casting
How do you ensure proper alignment when connecting spur gears?
Proper alignment is crucial when connecting spur gears to ensure smooth and efficient gear operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to ensure proper alignment when connecting spur gears:
- Visual Inspection: Start by visually inspecting the gears, gear shafts, and associated components for any visible misalignment or damage. Look for signs of wear, uneven tooth engagement, or any abnormalities that may affect alignment.
- Shaft Alignment: Align the gear shafts accurately before connecting the gears. Proper shaft alignment ensures that the gears are positioned correctly relative to each other. This can be achieved through various alignment techniques, such as using alignment tools, laser alignment systems, or measuring devices. The goal is to ensure parallel or coaxial alignment between the gear shafts.
- Backlash Adjustment: Adjust the backlash between the gear teeth to achieve proper alignment. Backlash refers to the slight gap between the mating teeth of gears. It is important to maintain an appropriate amount of backlash to allow for smooth gear engagement and minimize the risk of binding or jamming. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations or industry standards for the recommended backlash range and adjust as necessary during gear installation.
- Check Gear Mesh: Verify the gear meshing pattern to ensure proper alignment. The gear teeth should mesh smoothly and evenly without any signs of excessive or uneven contact. If there are indications of improper meshing, such as concentrated contact on a specific area of the tooth, it may imply misalignment or other issues that need to be addressed.
- Shim Adjustment: If misalignment is detected, shimming can be employed to correct it. Shimming involves placing thin metal shims between the gear and the shaft to adjust the positioning and alignment. Shims are available in various thicknesses, allowing for precise alignment adjustments. Careful measurement and selection of the appropriate shim thickness can help achieve the desired alignment.
- Tightening Bolts: When connecting the gears to the shafts, ensure that the bolts or fasteners are tightened evenly and to the recommended torque specifications. Uneven tightening can introduce misalignment or uneven load distribution, leading to gear misalignment and potential issues.
- Post-Installation Verification: After connecting the gears, perform a final verification of the alignment. Rotate the gears manually or through the gear system’s intended operation and observe the gear meshing behavior. Look for any signs of abnormal noise, vibration, or irregular tooth engagement. If any issues are detected, further adjustments or inspections may be necessary.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a proactive maintenance program that includes periodic inspections and alignment verification. Gears can experience wear or misalignment over time due to factors such as load variations, temperature changes, or prolonged operation. Regular maintenance allows for early detection and correction of alignment issues, ensuring optimal gear performance and longevity.
Proper alignment is essential for maximizing the efficiency, durability, and reliability of spur gear systems. By following these alignment practices and considering the manufacturer’s recommendations, industry standards, and expert advice, you can ensure proper alignment when connecting spur gears.
It’s important to note that the specific alignment techniques and procedures may vary depending on the gear system’s design, size, application, and other factors. Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or alignment specialists can provide further guidance on the recommended alignment practices for your specific gear system.
How do you maintain and service a spur gear system?
Maintaining and servicing a spur gear system is crucial to ensure its optimal performance, longevity, and reliability. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to maintain and service a spur gear system:
- Regular Inspection: Perform regular inspections of the spur gear system to identify any signs of wear, damage, misalignment, or abnormal operating conditions. Inspect the gear teeth, shafts, bearings, and housing for any visible issues. Pay attention to unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in gear performance. Early detection of problems allows for timely intervention and prevents further damage.
- Cleaning: Keep the spur gear system clean by removing any dirt, debris, or contaminants that may accumulate on the gear surfaces or within the gear housing. Use appropriate cleaning methods such as brushing, wiping, or blowing with compressed air. Avoid using harsh chemicals that may damage the gear components or compromise lubrication.
- Lubrication: Ensure proper lubrication of the spur gear system as per the manufacturer’s recommendations. Regularly check the lubricant levels and condition. Monitor viscosity, contamination levels, and oxidation of the lubricant. Replenish or replace the lubricant as necessary to maintain optimal gear lubrication and protection against wear.
- Alignment Check: Periodically check the shaft alignment of the gear system to ensure proper alignment. Misaligned shafts can result in increased wear, noise, and reduced gear efficiency. Use alignment tools such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems to verify and adjust the shaft alignment if needed.
- Torque and Fastener Check: Check the torque of fasteners, including bolts, set screws, and retaining rings, to ensure they are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can lead to gear misalignment and compromised performance. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended torque values for the specific gear system components.
- Replacement of Worn Components: Over time, gear components such as gear teeth, bearings, or shafts may wear out or become damaged. Replace any worn or damaged components promptly to prevent further issues and maintain the gear system’s functionality. Use genuine replacement parts recommended by the gear manufacturer.
- Monitoring Operating Conditions: Monitor the operating conditions of the gear system, including temperature, load, and speed. Ensure that the gear system operates within the specified limits and does not exceed the design parameters. Excessive heat, overloading, or high-speed operation can accelerate wear and reduce gear life.
- Training and Expert Support: Ensure that personnel responsible for maintaining and servicing the spur gear system receive proper training and have access to expert support. Familiarize yourself with the gear system’s documentation, including maintenance manuals, technical specifications, and troubleshooting guides. Consult with gear manufacturers or specialists for guidance on specific maintenance procedures or complex issues.
Developing a regular maintenance schedule and keeping accurate records of maintenance activities can help ensure consistent and effective servicing of the spur gear system. Adhering to recommended maintenance practices and addressing any identified issues promptly will help optimize the performance, reliability, and service life of the gear system.
It’s important to note that maintenance and servicing procedures may vary depending on the specific gear system, application, and manufacturer’s recommendations. Therefore, always refer to the gear system’s documentation and consult with the manufacturer for detailed maintenance instructions.
What are the applications of spur gears?
Spur gears find a wide range of applications in various mechanical systems due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. These gears are commonly used in numerous industries and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: Spur gears are extensively used in automobiles for power transmission applications. They are employed in gearboxes, differentials, and transmission systems to transfer torque and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely utilized in machinery and manufacturing equipment. They play a crucial role in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and various other industrial applications.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are employed in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They help convert the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity by transmitting power from the rotor to the generator.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears are commonly used in robotics and automation systems. They are utilized in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Spur gears are found in various aerospace and aviation applications. They are used in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, and auxiliary power units (APUs) to transmit power and control movement.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears have applications in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They are used in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are found in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They help transmit power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, enabling efficient operation.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are an essential component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands.
These are just a few examples of the broad range of applications where spur gears are utilized. Their simplicity, reliability, and ability to transmit power and motion efficiently make them a popular choice in various industries and equipment.
editor by CX 2023-09-04