|base reprofiler spur gear specification|
|Process||forging, quenching, teeth grinding|
|Quality level||AGMA 11|
|Type||Dp=6, Z=77, a=20°, β=0°;|
Our Gear, Pinion Shaft, Ring Gear Capabilities:
|Capabilities of Gears/ Splines|
|Item||Internal Gears and Internal Splines||External Gears and External Splines|
|Max O.D.||2500 mm|
|Max Face Width(mm)||500||1480|
|DIN Class Level||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4|
|Tooth Finish||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6|
|Max Helix Angle||±22.5°||±45°|
Our Main Product Range
1. Spur Gear
2. Planetary Gear
3. Metal Gears
4. Gear Wheel
5. Ring Gear
6. Gear Shaft
7. Helical Gear
8. Pinion Shaft
9. Spline Shaft
1. 21 years experience in high quality gear, gear shaft’s production, sales and R&D.
2. Our Gear, Gear Shaft are certificated by ISO9001: 2008 and ISO14001: 2004.
3. CHINAMFG has more than 50 patents in high quality Gear, Gear Shaft manufacturing.
4. CHINAMFG products are exported to America, Europe.
5. Experience in cooperate with many Fortune 500 Companies
1) In-house capability: OEM service as per customers’ requests, with in-house tooling design & fabricating
2) Professional engineering capability: On product design, optimization and performance analysis
3) Manufacturing capability range: DIN 3960 class 8 to 4, ISO 1328 class 8 to 4, AGMA 2000 class 10-15, JIS 1702-1703 class 0 to 2, etc.
4) Packing: Tailor-made packaging method according to customer’s requirement
5) Just-in-time delivery capability
1. Q: Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we can do that.
2. Q: If I don’t have drawing, what can you do for me?
A: If you don’t have drawing, but have the sample part, you may send us. We will check if we can make it or not.
3. Q: How do you make sure the quality of your products?
A: We will do a series of inspections, such as:
A. Raw material inspection (includes chemical and physical mechanical characters inspection),
B. Machining process dimensional inspection (includes: 1st pc inspection, self inspection, final inspection),
C. Heat treatment result inspection,
D. Gear tooth inspection (to know the achieved gear quality level),
E. Magnetic particle inspection (to know if there’s any cracks in the gear).
We will provide you the reports 1 set for each batch/ shipment.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
How do you retrofit an existing mechanical system with spur gears?
Retrofitting an existing mechanical system with spur gears involves modifying or replacing certain components to incorporate spur gears into the system. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Evaluate the Existing System:
Begin by thoroughly evaluating the existing mechanical system to determine its design, function, and limitations. Identify the specific components that need to be retrofitted with spur gears and understand how the system operates.
2. Design Considerations:
Based on the evaluation, consider the design considerations for integrating spur gears into the system. This includes factors such as gear size, tooth profile, gear material, gear ratio, and torque requirements. Determine the specific gear specifications that are compatible with the existing system.
3. Gear Selection:
Select the appropriate spur gears that meet the required specifications. Consider factors such as gear quality, load capacity, noise level, efficiency, and compatibility with the existing system components. Choose gears from reputable manufacturers or consult with a gear specialist for guidance.
4. Gear Positioning and Alignment:
Determine the optimal positioning and alignment of the spur gears within the existing system. This involves identifying the gear locations, shaft connections, and ensuring proper alignment with other components such as bearings and couplings. Accurate positioning and alignment are crucial for efficient gear operation and longevity.
5. Modification or Replacement:
Based on the design considerations and gear selection, proceed with the necessary modifications or replacements. This may involve removing existing components, such as gears with different tooth profiles, and replacing them with the selected spur gears. Ensure proper installation and secure attachment of the new gears.
6. Lubrication and Maintenance:
Implement appropriate lubrication practices for the newly retrofitted spur gears. Consult gear manufacturers’ recommendations for lubricant type, quantity, and maintenance intervals. Proper lubrication ensures smooth gear operation, reduces wear, and extends gear life.
7. Testing and Validation:
After the retrofitting process, conduct thorough testing and validation of the modified system. Verify that the spur gears are functioning as intended, ensuring proper engagement, smooth operation, and adequate load handling. Address any issues or discrepancies discovered during testing.
8. Documentation and Training:
Create documentation detailing the retrofitting process, including gear specifications, installation procedures, and maintenance requirements. This documentation serves as a reference for future maintenance and helps ensure consistent gear performance. Additionally, provide training to relevant personnel on the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the retrofitted system.
Retrofitting an existing mechanical system with spur gears requires careful planning, proper gear selection, precise installation, and thorough testing. By following these steps and considering the specific requirements of the system, it is possible to successfully incorporate spur gears and enhance the performance and functionality of the mechanical system.
Are spur gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Spur gears are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including those involving high-torque requirements. However, their suitability for high-torque applications depends on various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are designed to transmit power and torque between parallel shafts. They have straight teeth that engage fully, providing efficient power transfer. The suitability of spur gears for high-torque applications can be evaluated based on the following considerations:
- Load Distribution: Spur gears distribute the transmitted load over a larger contact area compared to other gear types. This characteristic allows them to handle higher torque loads effectively.
- Size and Diameter: The size and diameter of the spur gears play a crucial role in their ability to handle high torque. Larger gear diameters provide increased torque capacity due to the longer lever arm and larger contact area between the gear teeth.
- Material Selection: Choosing the appropriate material for the spur gears is essential for high-torque applications. Strong and durable materials, such as hardened steel or alloy steels, are commonly used to ensure the gears can withstand the high stresses and torque loads without deformation or failure.
- Gear Design: Proper gear design considerations, such as tooth profile, module or pitch, and the number of teeth, can impact the torque-carrying capacity of spur gears. Design parameters should be optimized to ensure sufficient tooth strength and minimize the risk of tooth breakage or excessive wear.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Adequate lubrication is critical for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in high-torque spur gear applications. Regular maintenance, including lubricant replacement and gear inspections, can help identify and address any issues that may affect the gear’s torque-handling capabilities.
- Supporting Components: The overall system design, including the selection of bearings, shafts, and housing, should be considered to ensure proper support and alignment of the spur gears. Well-designed supporting components contribute to the overall torque capacity of the system.
While spur gears can handle high torque, it’s important to note that there are limitations to their torque capacity. Factors such as gear size, material strength, tooth design, and operating conditions can affect the maximum torque the gears can safely transmit without failure.
In some cases, other gear types such as helical gears or bevel gears may be more suitable for specific high-torque applications. These gears offer advantages such as increased load-carrying capacity, improved torque transfer efficiency, and reduced noise and vibration levels.
Ultimately, the suitability of spur gears for high-torque applications should be evaluated based on the specific requirements, operating conditions, and industry standards applicable to the particular application.
Are there different sizes and configurations of spur gears available?
Yes, there are various sizes and configurations of spur gears available to suit different applications and requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of the different options when it comes to sizes and configurations of spur gears:
Sizes: Spur gears come in a wide range of sizes to accommodate different torque and speed requirements. The size of a spur gear is typically specified by its pitch diameter, which is the diameter of the pitch circle. The pitch diameter determines the gear’s overall size and the spacing between the teeth. Spur gears can range from small gears used in precision instruments to large gears used in heavy machinery and industrial equipment.
Module: Module is a parameter used to specify the size and spacing of the teeth on a spur gear. It represents the ratio of the pitch diameter to the number of teeth. Different module sizes are available to accommodate various gear sizes and applications. Smaller module sizes are used for finer tooth profiles and higher precision, while larger module sizes are used for heavier loads and higher torque applications.
Number of Teeth: The number of teeth on a spur gear can vary depending on the specific application. Gears with a higher number of teeth provide smoother operation and distribute the load more evenly, whereas gears with fewer teeth are typically used for higher speeds and compact designs.
Pressure Angle: The pressure angle is an important parameter that determines the shape and engagement of the teeth. Common pressure angles for spur gears are 20 degrees and 14.5 degrees. The selection of the pressure angle depends on factors such as load capacity, efficiency, and specific design requirements.
Profile Shift: Profile shift is a design feature that allows modification of the tooth profile to optimize the gear’s performance. It involves shifting the tooth profile along the gear’s axis, which can affect factors such as backlash, contact ratio, and load distribution. Profile shift can be positive (when the tooth profile is shifted towards the center of the gear) or negative (when the tooth profile is shifted away from the center).
Hub Configuration: The hub refers to the central part of the gear where it is mounted onto a shaft. Spur gears can have different hub configurations depending on the specific application. Some gears have a simple cylindrical hub, while others may have keyways, set screws, or other features to ensure secure and precise mounting.
Material and Coatings: Spur gears are available in various materials to suit different operating conditions and requirements. Common materials include steel, cast iron, brass, and plastic. Additionally, gears can be coated or treated with surface treatments such as heat treatment or coatings to enhance their wear resistance, durability, and performance.
Mounting Orientation: Spur gears can be mounted in different orientations depending on the application and space constraints. They can be mounted parallel to each other on parallel shafts, or they can be mounted at right angles using additional components such as bevel gears or shafts with appropriate bearings.
In summary, there is a wide range of sizes and configurations available for spur gears, including different pitch diameters, module sizes, number of teeth, pressure angles, profile shifts, hub configurations, materials, coatings, and mounting orientations. The selection of the appropriate size and configuration depends on factors such as torque requirements, speed, load capacity, space constraints, and specific application needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-18